The IT Accessibility Group offers support for units that wish to provide real-time captions for Zoom meetings. Before requesting captioning support, please review the Zoom Captioning Facts below:
Zoom Captioning Facts
- To provide captions, Closed Captions must be enabled in the account that is hosting the event
- The host may provide captions or assign this role to a meeting participant
- Some third-party captioning providers require access to the captioning API Token immediately before the meeting starts
- Zoom captions may be saved for editing and review but may not be suitable for posting with a recording of the meeting
- Presenters are responsible for captioning costs
For more information, or to schedule captioning for a Zoom event, please visit the IT Accessibility Support Portal.