This section is reserved for accessibility testing demonstrations. These demonstrations use Functional Accessibility Evaluator (FAE), AInspector Sidebar, and other tools.
Content in this section is for training and educational purposes only. This content is not intended for public viewing, and will by design deviate from University of Iowa IT Accessibility policy.
- The Functional Accessibility Evaluator (FAE) 2.0 analyzes web pages for requirements defined by the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 Level A and AA Success Criteria.
- FAE and AInspector WCAG for Firefox use the OpenAjax Evaluation Library rules and rulesets. Every rule used in FAE 2.0 references a primary WCAG 2.0 Success Criterion requirement.
- The rules are based on the Authoring Practices of the W3C Accessible Rich Internet Application (ARIA) and HTML5 specifications
- The rules used in FAE and AInspector have been developed over six years through the work of the OpenAjax Accessibility Task Force and feedback from users of FAE and AInspector WCAG
- FAE is designed to be used in conjunction with AInspector WCAG for Firefox and Accessibility Bookmarklets to help people understand the accessibility features, issues and potential issues of a web resource.