Site Testing Tools
A variety of tools are available to assist with accessibility evaluation efforts. The IT Accessibility group at Iowa maintains this list as a service to developers and other stakeholders; please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to make suggestions or report changes to items listed here.
Online Assessment Tools
- WAVE Online Tool (WebAIM at Utah State University)
- Functional Accessibility Evaluator, version 2 (University of Illinois)
Browser Plug-ins and Extensions
- AInspector Sidebar (Firefox)
- WAVE Extension (Chrome and Firefox)
- Web Developer Toolbar (Firefox, Chrome, Opera)
- JuicyStudio Toolbar (Firefox)
- Web Accessibility Toolbar (Internet Explorer)
Other Design and Assessment Tools
- Colour Contrast Analyser
- NVDA (Non-Visual Desktop Access)
- JAWS (Job Access With Speech)
You can also assess the functionality of your site using manual tasks, keyboard testing, and other methods.